Technology is a key enabler for our MD State Retirement and Pension System customer. The current technology infrastructure is based on Microsoft.NET 4.0 with ASP.NET/ VB.NET, JQuery and SQL Server 2008 for the database backend. The adoption of new technologies is a constant endeavor to make sure we are quick to respond to changing market needs. We are seeking a highly skilled Senior ASP.NET/VB.NET developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology stack. As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications. This person will work with a team of experienced analysts,developers and business resources to build highly performing enterprise systems that improve clinical outcomes and increase staff productivity and financial performance.
· Build new systems with .NET 4.0 / ASP.NET / VB.NET / SQL Server 2008 / WCF Web Services / WCF
· Data Services
· Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
· Lead/mentor developers and share knowledge through knowledge-sharing presentations.
· Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
· Allother responsibilities as assigned
Skills/ Attributes Required
· 5 years minimum development experience
· Proficient in .NET,VB.net, C#, ASP.NET, SQL relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and web-based software development
· Develop Web applications using Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0
· Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
· Solid understanding of design patterns
· Proficient/expert knowledge in design of multi- tiered web-based systems
· Experience with SQL Server 2005 or later
· Knowledgeable in SharePoint Services 3.0 and SharePoint Server 2010
· Knowledgeable in creating web parts for SharePoint websites
· Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
· Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
· Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
· Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices while leading and mentoring a team of developers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
· Microsoft certifications are a plus.