Role and responsibilities
-Design and develop software for remote access services for the Global
Network Client for Windows.
-Develop applications for mobile handsets and tablets to complement IPTV service
-Writes code and completes programming and documentation using programming
language and technology
-Performs testing and debugging of applications
-Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements
and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer
-Review/approve proposed tech system designs in collaboration with team
*************Manager's note **********
Primary responsibilities include:
-Design and development of multi-platform native SDKs (Android, Blackberry, iOS and Windows) for speech recognition and multimodal interfaces, enabling mobile application developers to integrate a broad array of natural language APIs into their apps.
-Design and development of low-latency streaming network client libraries for speech and natural language services.
-Design and development of mobile and tablet applications that showcase multimodal natural language interfaces.
-Actively participate in the entire product development lifecycle to include: SW requirements, SW design, implementation, testing, documentation, and customer delivery.
-Develop in an agile, fast-paced, developer interactive environment and provide on-going technical expertise and guidance to client mobile app developers.
- At least 6 years of active development in Java, Objective-C and/or C++
- Strong command of command-line development techniques, including shell scripting and build automation
- Strong experience in functional and object-oriented development
- Experience with other development tools and platforms (Win32, .NET, Mac, Java)
- 3+ years of SDK and mobile device development and engineering experience
- Lead programmer role on shipping applications
- Strong command of client-server HTTP programming
- Strong knowledge of user interface development practices on mobile and tablet platforms
- Knowledge and experience with application testing and diagnosis on Android, BlackBerry, iOS and /or Windows
- Knowledge and experience with automation tools and frameworks
- Exposure to audio codecs and transcoding
- Exposure to HTTP client testing and diagnosis
- Exposure to speech applications and human-computer interaction
-Perform black-box and white-box testing of applications running on mobile devices using a breadth of operating systems (Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Windows 8).
-Diagnose issues in native SDK applications by analyzing stack traces, exception logs, and running applications in debuggers.
-Perform feature and integration testing of mobile clients of networked applications.
-Diagnose issues in client-server communication by using command-line and GUI network clients and analysis tools.
-Develop, implement, and maintain manual and automated test cases.
-Work with the software development team help integrate procedures that improve software quality and prevent regressions.
-Work with service and product testing teams to coordinate testing, issue tracking, and bug fixes.
-Ability to effectively interact with Manager, Team Leader, and fellow team members.
-Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, critical thinker, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
-Passion for testing mobile applications and finding bugs.
-Excellent oral & writing communication skills.
-High proficiency using automated test tools to conduct QA testing.
1) Java and related technologies Expert Required
2) C++ Expert Required
3) Natural Language Speech Analysis Intermediate Required
4) .Net Intermediate Required